Client Rights and Responsibilities: School Aged Children
We care about you no matter:
- What your race or religion is
- If you are a boy or girl
- Where you were born
- What you can or cannot do
- What you look like
- Whether your family has a little money or a lot of money
We promise that we will:
- Be honest with you and answer your questions as soon as possible
- Listen to you and your family
- Work with you and your parents as a team
- Ask you to help us decide the best way to help you
- Talk to you about your plan of care before you are treated, while you are treated and after you are treated
- Ask you about any pain you are feeling
You may talk freely with the therapists and doctors working with you:
- What you say will not be told to others unless it is important to your care and safety. If we are going to tell someone else, we will tell you first.
- It is ok to tell us what you want or do not want
- It is ok to tell us if you are afraid, angry, lonely or sad.
- It is ok to laugh, cry, or to be quiet
We will tell you:
- Who we are
- What we do
- Why you are here
- What we think will help you and your family
- How we think things may feel to you
We will try to explain all these things in a way you can understand
- If we ask you to be part of an experiment or research, you can say yes or no and we will still give you care.
- If you wish to refuse our plan of care, we will discuss this with you and your parents.
- If you think we have not kept our promises, tell your therapist or the program coordinator so we can work together to solve the problem.
- If you tell us you are sad or angry about a broken promise, we will still give you good care.
- If you are still unhappy, please call our consumer advocate at 479-750-2020. The consumer advocate is someone who helps all clients and families solve problems.
So we can give you good, safe care please tell us honestly:
- Why you are here.
- How you feel.
- If you are in pain or feel hurt.
- What other doctors and counselors have done to help you feel better.
- What you and your family do at home to help you feel better.
- When there are changes in how you feel.
- If things change at home.
- If you or your family don't understand something.
- What you like and don't like about us.
- About your worries.
So we can give everyone good, safe care, please understand that it is important to:
- Follow our rules.
- Respect the privacy and belongings of others.
- Take care of the program site and the things in it.
- Never harm or say you are going to harm your family members, another client, or staff.
- Stay in client and family areas.